- Install JetPack on your WordPress Site (this allows the following steps)
- Within JetPack, activate Email > Post and capture the unique email address provided (this allows you to send an email that will publish to your site as a Post)
- Within JetPack, activate Social Media publishing and connect your Facebook, Twitter, and other accounts (this allows your site Post to publish automatically to your chosen social media pages)
- Within your Constant Contact account, create a new List named “News” and add the unique email address mentioned above as a New Contact.
- In Constant Contact, create a newsletter and schedule it send to your “News” list.
- When that newsletter sends, it will post to your WordPress site as a new Post, and it will publish to your connected social media.
The bigger benefit here is that an organization could also (in step #5) send the same newsletter to its “Members” list. This way, the same message will go to:
- WordPress as a Post
- Facebook as a Post
- Twitter as a post
This could be used as an emergency contact method to reach everybody in all ways at the same time. The only downside is the 5-10 minute delay forced by Constant Contact when sending the message.
UPDATE: The message sent from Constant Contact is not posting to WordPress. Seems as though Jetpack is blocking the message. We’ve written to Jetpack Support. Stay tuned.